The ECC team has extensive experience in the traditional energy sector and has been involved in key initiatives from the very inception of the UK biofuels market.
ECC experience includes:
- Staff and associates with over 100 years combined experience of traditional fuels and 50 years of Biofuel development.
- Membership of key industry bodies including the Low Carbon Vehicle partnership, Roundtable on Sustainable Biofuels and the Energy Efficient motorsport programme.
- Chairmanship of Environmental Industries Commission and British Standards Institute Groups
- Interim directorships of major ethanol and biodiesel projects
ECC projects have included:
- Biodiesel refining and crush plant (Planning achieved)
- A UK based oilseed processing facility with the option of developing a biodiesel refinery. The facility was designed to process rapeseed, outputting food-grade vegetable oil and biodiesel feedstock.
- Bioethanol refining and feedstock sourcing
- RTFO (Renewable Transport Fuels Obligation) – Policy development
- EU BEST – European high blend biofuel delivery – EU Project group
- UK RFA – Carbon and sustainability reporting systems
- UK supermarket – Biofuel implementation
- EU and UK – Safety rules biofuel handling and distribution
- Used Cooking Oil – Policy and commercial review for raw material supplier, including acquisition options
- NNFCC (National Non-Food Crops Centre) – Closed loop study